- Crafted mea culpas to Fortune 500 companies whose websites went dark in a data center fiasco
- Grabbed the reins of a customer extranet project no one in my department would touch with a ten-foot pole; the project earned a GTE Chairman’s Leadership Award in 1998
- Transformed what had been little more than an elaborate marketing piece into usable technical documentation
- Explained highly technical subjects in ways even a CEO could understand
I can help you solve your trickiest communications problems, too.
Here are just some of the ways I can help:
- Writing for the Web
- Public Relations Writing
- Internal Communications
- General Business Writing
- Ghost Writing
Writing for the Web
You’ve spent hours crafting every page of your website in crisp, elegant prose Hemingway would be proud to call his own. Too bad nobody’s going to read it.
People don’t read webpages the way they read printed materials. Understanding how people use the web is crucial for creating a site that truly supports your business goals.
I can create punchy and compelling content that suits your audience and helps you get the most out of your web assets.
Public Relations Writing
Yes, it’s all about telling your story and building your brand. But are you getting through to your audience? Have you told your story in a way that resonates with the people your business depends on most? Have you thought about how to measure the effectiveness of your communications?
“Internal communication? No big deal: When we have something to say, we just send an all-staff email and post a note on our intranet.”
Think your staff will get the message? Think again. Time and again employee surveys identify lack of communication as one of the most significant problems in the workplace.
To get everyone on your staff pulling in the same direction, particularly in times of organizational change, you need communications strategies that work. Unfortunately, many organizations can’t justify the expense of a full-time internal communications manager. So, they wing it: Sometimes HR takes the lead, sometimes PR handles it. Sometimes, heaven forbid, the CEO’s office “crafts a message.”
Unhappy with your internal communications but can’t justify added headcount? Let’s talk.
General Business Writing
- Need someone to draft your response to an RFP?
- Dreading the white paper your client requested explaining how your solution is the best fit for their specific environment?
- Need solid documentation of your internal processes and procedures but don’t know where to begin?
- Can’t seem to fit everything you want to say into three-fold brochure?
Businesses like yours encounter writing challenges like these every day, but many lack the in-house talent to tackle them. If you need help with those pesky business writing tasks, I’m just a phone call or email away.
On the hook for an article in a trade magazine and find yourself at a loss for words? Need to produced a weekly blog post but just can’t squeeze it into your busy schedule? I can help.